The number of online shoppers in India is increasing exponentially, making it one of the most lucrative markets in the world. Having a winner’s mindset, in-demand products, and the skills to market them is what you will need to ace the Indian eCommerce.
Since you are here, you already have the drive to succeed. All you need is our list of money-spinning, top 3 most trending products in India. What’s more? We also added an actionable marketing tip to each product.
Let’s dive in.
- Fashion – Hoodie
- Beauty Products - Shampoo
- Toys and Games - indoor games
- How to receive 3 trending products a week that could provide you with consistent sales in India.
Signup to Productbyte.co to read the full report
Fashion – Hoodie
The biggest eCommerce segment in India that promises significant growth is Fashion. The revenue generated from Fashion is estimated to be between $13B to $14B in 2020. This increasing demand reflects in the growing number of fashion websites in the country.
There is a lucrative potential in investing in the Fashion E-market, and the best product to start with will be soft and snuggly hoodies.
Why is “hoodie” a good idea?
- They are gender-neutral apparel and thus, allows you to cater to a bigger target audience.
- It is one of those garments that fit all body types.
- Option for custom hoodies work as an affiliate product and lets you target businesses too.
How to Start Online Selling Business in India for Hoodies?
The best way is to choose a niche. There are varieties of hoodies that you can sell. Knowing which one is best to invest, will give your online business a promising start.
For example, below are two specific niches that boast average searches between 1 and 10,000 every month.
- Oversized hoodie
- Custom hoodie
Source: Google Keyword Planner
Beauty Products - Shampoo
The next one of the most trending products in India is shampoo. According to Statista, in 2020 alone, over 250 thousand metric ton of shampoo was produced. The demand is increasing significantly and it is evident in the Google Trends graph below.
Why is “shampoo” a good idea?
- You can easily find online stylists to vouch for your product, thus ensuring easy marketing and far-reaching results.
- It is another gender-neutral product for a large audience.
- There is immense scope for word-of-mouth (read free) marketing in the future.
How to Start Online Selling Business in India for Shampoos?
When it comes to selling beauty products in India, two things can make or break your revenue. They are branding (read appearance) and ingredients. The trend also shows an increasing inclination towards organic shampoos, preferable with a hint of ancient Indian Ayurveda. Therefore, non-sulfate, herbal hair cleansers with ingredients like peppermint, neem, and tea tree oil, are the best to start with.
Source: Google Keyword Planner
Toys and Games - indoor games
Showing parallel growth to shampoos are toys with an annual growth rate of 9.7%, resulting in projected market size of over $1B by 2025. According to Statista, the products that show the most potential are cards, indoor games, video game consoles, and various toys for children and adults.
Why are “indoor games” a good idea?
- The business is never-fading, never-expiring, given the birthrate in India.
- There is potential to keep a wide margin.
- There are wholesalers like Alibaba that sell ready-made products at unbelievably low prices.
How to Start Online Selling Business in India for Toys?
Make the most of social media. A peek into Pinterest, and you know that plushies are trending, which appeal to multiple demographics. The best marketing strategy comes as an example of the teeturtle Reversible Octopus that became an overnight rage after being popularized by an Instagram reel.
How to receive 3 trending products a week that could provide you with consistent sales in India.
Become a member using the link below.
Product Byte Newsletter
Be IN THE KNOW. Before Everyone Else.Yearly paid members will receive past archived reports.🍀What's useful about getting Product Byte?1. Launch products before they go viral2. Source from under-the-radar suppliers for the best deals3. Understand the marketing tactics of today's viral products and trends4.